Sunday, July 10, 2011

'Lette Macarons


333 S Alameda Street
Ste 103
Los Angeles, CA 90013

Decided that my first "foodie" scrapbook post should be about my favorite edible thing in the world: macarons. Plus, it's in Los Angeles so I don't have to go too far for these tasty cookies. Don't get this confused with "macaroons" which are the coconut cookies. Macarons from 'Lette are cookies with delectable ganache fillings in between two almond cookies. My favorite would have to be the caribbean chocolate macaron (don't judge me!) followed by sicillian pistachio but I have tried many of the flavors that 'lette offers such as sweet wedding almond, madagascar vanilla, lychee, passion fruit, and columbian coffee. I've tried macarons in Las Vegas and Hawaii (surprisingly not in New York and I have yet to go to Paris and try macarons in Laduree) but as of right now, 'Lette Macarons stands as one of my favorites. Or it could be that my first time trying macarons was with 'Lette's (then called Paulettes) and as cliche as it may sound, was love at first sight.

There are two 'Lette locations that I've been to: the one in Beverly Hills and the one near Little Tokyo. In my opinion, I'd rather go to the Little Tokyo location only because there are tons of parking and I don't have the circle the neighborhood looking for parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment